Window is  not updating
Hi, Can you please turn off windows firewall and then try to update ?Thanks, Swapnil Prajapati
June 20th, 2012 7:24am

I am not able to update my windows server 2008 since 1 month it showing code 8024402F error pleae help to slove this problem
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2012 3:09am

Stop the windows update services...rename the SoftwareDistributionFolder which is located in Windows folder...Start the windows update services..A new folder will get created. Try to Automatic update... It will work...if still doesn't work then go ahead and download the patch manually. Write a batch file to execute it. The batcha file can written using WUSAExchange Queries
June 21st, 2012 3:17am

Hi, I suggest trying the following steps to troubleshoot the issue: Step 1.Configure the connection to obtain an IP address automatically ============================================== 1. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter". 2. Right-click the network connection and click "Properties". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 3. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click "Properties". 4. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically". 5. Click "OK". 6. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties". 7. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically". 8. Click "OK". 9. Reboot the computer. After trying the above steps, please check updates in Control Panel/Windows Update again. If the issue persists, I suggest we also reset the Proxy. Step 2.Reset Proxy =========================== Reset proxy (for LAN connection) ------------------------------------------- 1. Click the Start Button, type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter. 2. Switch to the Connections tab. 3. Click on the LAN setting button. 4. Clear the entries in "Use automatic configuration script" and uncheck "Automatically detect proxy settings." 5. Click on the Advanced button. 6. Please delete any entry in the Exceptions section, 7. Click OK, and return to the previous window. Uncheck "Use Proxy Server for your LAN", and click OK to accept the changes. Reset proxy (for Dial-Up or VPN connection) ------------------------------------------- 1. Click the Start Button, type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter. 2. Click on the Connections tab. 3. In "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" area, is there any connection listed? If so, please highlight it, and click Settings button. 4. In the proxy settings area, please click on the Advanced button, and delete any entry in the Exceptions section. 5. Click OK, and return to the previous window. Clear the proxy server address, and uncheck the option "Use a proxy server for this connection". If the issue persists, please temporarily uninstall the anti-virus program, if we have. We can reinstall it later. Step 3.Uninstall anti-virus program ======================= 1. Click Start and Control Panel. 2. Click Uninstall a program in Control Panel Home mode. 3. Highlight anti-virus program and click Uninstall. 4. Restart the computer and run Windows Update to check the issue. Please let me know the result.
June 21st, 2012 3:40am

Thanku Anoop , I try all that you suggest to follow but stil the same. but i not try uninstall the anti-virus coz its is server .. thanku looking forward
June 21st, 2012 4:53am

Hi, Are you using any WSUS server in your environment. Is there any proxy configured in your environment. Please check windows update logs "c:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log" and find out the actual error you are getting. Thanks.
June 21st, 2012 5:28am

I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components and check if it helps. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 If the issue still persists I would suggest you to run the System Update Readiness Tool. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821Don't be a prick ! Be reasonable and provide your feedback. Say something whether the suggestion was helpful or not, mark a reply as answer if that really helps you, don't leave that choice to moderators, let the credit go to a contributor who has invested his precious time on your questions. Please be informed that, moderators are also humans and they also make mistakes ;-)
June 21st, 2012 5:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics